Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission Actions
4:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Room 317, City Hall
350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1385
Commission Membership: Ms. Laura Faucher, Mr. Alex Haecker, Ms. Susan Hunter Weir, Ms. Ginny Lackovic, Mr. Chad Larsen, Ms. Tammy Lindberg, Ms. Linda Mack, Mr. Robert Mack, Mr. Ian Stade, and Ms. Jody Tableporter
Committee Clerk: Diana Armstrong, 612.673.2615
Commissioners Haecker, Larsen, Lindberg, and Tableporter were absent.
The meeting was called to order at 4:35 p.m.
Minutes were approved for the meeting held on February 26, 2013.
Introduction to the Public Hearing
1. 324 1st Street North, St. Anthony Falls Historic District (BZH #27666, Ward 7) (Hanauer)
Charlene Roise, with Hess Roise and Company, has submitted a Certificate of Appropriateness application on behalf of Three24LLC. The Certificate of Appropriateness application is to allow for a new five-story, 140-unit apartment building at 324 1st Street North located within the Saint Anthony Falls Historic District.
Action: The Heritage Preservation Commission continued this item one cycle, to the April 2 Heritage Preservation Commission meeting.
Aye: Faucher, Hunter Weir, Lackovic, L. Mack, R. Mack, Stade
Absent: Haecker, Larsen, Lindberg, Tableporter
2. 8 (88) 17th Street North, Individual Landmark (BZH #27652, Ward 7) (Smoley)
Miller Dunwiddie Architecture, on behalf of the Basilica of Saint Mary, submitted a Certificate of Appropriateness application to construct an elevator addition at the rear of the rectory at 8 (88) 17th Street North, the Basilica of Saint Mary, a locally designated landmark.
Action: The Heritage Preservation Commission adopted staff findings and approved the Certificate of Appropriateness subject to the following conditions:
1. Final plans, elevations, details, material selections, and finish samples must be submitted to CPED Staff for final review and approval prior to any permits being issued.
2. By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision.
3. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than March 19, 2015.
4. By ordinance, all approvals granted in this Certificate of Appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this Certificate of Appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
Approved on Consent
Update on the CLG capstone project.
Preservation binder updates (Dvorak)
Paperless packets update (Dvorak)
SHPO training (Dvorak)
The meeting was adjourned at 6:07 p.m.
The next regular Heritage Preservation Commission meeting: April 2, 2013.
The Chair reserves the right to limit discussion on Agenda items.
Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
Attention: The meeting site is wheelchair accessible: if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact 612.673.3220 (673.2157) TTDY/VOICE at least five days prior to the meeting.
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call: Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
Last updated Mar. 20, 2013