Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission Agenda
4:30 p.m., Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Room 317, City Hall
350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1385
Commission Membership: Mr. Chad Larsen, Ms. Laura Faucher, Mr. Alex Haecker, Ms. Susan Hunter Weir, Ms. Ginny Lackovic, Ms. Tammy Lindberg, Ms. Linda Mack, Mr. Robert Mack, and Ms. Jody Tableporter
Committee Clerk: Diana Armstrong, 612.673.2615
Call to Order
Petitions and Communications
Approval of Actions from the January 15, 2013, meeting
Approval of Agenda
· If you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway and state your name and address clearly into the microphone.
· Contact staff after the hearing if you have any questions regarding your project.
· Food and beverages are prohibited from the Council Chambers, and cell phones must be turned off during the proceedings.
1. 1775-77 Colfax Avenue South, John Lind House (BZH #27588, Ward 7) (Holien) (Staff Report)
Mark Nelson of David Heide Design Studio has applied for a Certificate of Appropriateness to allow for a one-story rear addition, modifications to windows, a raised masonry terrace, and a detached garage at 1775-77 Colfax Avenue South, a locally designated landmark.
Staff Recommendation: The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and approve the Certificate of Appropriateness to allow for the replacement of a rear porch with a new rear addition and the construction of a detached garage at 1775-77 Colfax Avenue South subject to the following conditions:
- The rear addition, windows and two entry doors, the terrace, and the detached garage is the only construction approved at this time.
- The detached garage shall include brick matching the principal structure on the front elevation, gabled dormers matching those on the principal structure, and a roof pitch that matches the roof pitch of the principal structure.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approval is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than January 29, 2015.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this Certificate of Appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this Certificate of Appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
- Community Planning and Economic Development staff shall review and approve the final plans and elevations prior to building permit issuance.
Receive and File
The next regular Heritage Preservation Commission meeting: February 12, 2013
The Chair reserves the right to limit discussion on Agenda items.
Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
Attention: The meeting site is wheelchair accessible: if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact 612.673.3220 (673.2157) TTDY/VOICE at least five days prior to the meeting.
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call: Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
Last updated Jan 22, 2013