Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission Agenda
4:30 p.m., Monday, September 24, 2012
Room 317, City Hall
350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1385
Commission Membership: Mr. Chad Larsen, Ms. Laura Faucher, Mr. Alex Haecker, Ms. Susan Hunter Weir, Ms. Ginny Lackovic, Ms. Tammy Lindberg, Ms. Linda Mack, Mr. Robert Mack, and Ms. Jody Tableporter
Committee Clerk: Diana Armstrong, 612.673.2615
Call to Order
Petitions and Communications
Approval of Actions from the September 11, 2012, meeting
Approval of Agenda
· If you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway and state your name and address clearly into the microphone.
· Contact staff after the hearing if you have any questions regarding your project.
· Food and beverages are prohibited from the Council Chambers, and cell phones must be turned off during the proceedings.
Jean Rehkamp Larson, of Rehkamp Larson Architects Inc., has applied for a Certificate of Appropriateness to allow for a rear addition on the residence at 2225 East Lake of the Isles Parkway, the Chas Frederick Keyes House, a locally designated individual historic landmark.
Staff Recommendation: The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development – Planning Division recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and approve the Certificate of Appropriateness to allow for a rear addition at 2225 East Lake of the Isles Parkway, the Chas Frederick Keyes House, a locally designated individual historic landmark, subject to the following conditions:
- The rear addition, alterations and repairs outlined in the applicant’s project description is the only work approved at this time.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of one year from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approval is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than September 24, 2013.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this Certificate of Appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this Certificate of Appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
- CPED-Planning Staff shall review and approve the final plans and elevations prior to building permit issuance.
Currie Park Development, LLC has submitted a Demolition of Historic Resource application to allow for the demolition of the Gluek Brewing Tied House at 1500 6th Street South.
Staff Recommendation: The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development – Planning Division recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and continue the Demolition of Historic Resource application of the Gluek Brewing Saloon at 1500 6th Street South for two cycles to the November 5, 2012, Heritage Preservation Commission meeting to allow the applicant time to complete a comprehensive study of Gluek Brewing tied houses in Minneapolis.
Adoption of the St. Anthony Falls Historic District Design Guidelines.
Staff Recommendation: The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development – Planning Division recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt the staff recommendation to continue the public hearing review of the St. Anthony Falls Historic District Design Guidelines to the October 23, 2012, Heritage Preservation Commission meeting.
The next regular Heritage Preservation Commission meeting: October 23, 2012
The Chair reserves the right to limit discussion on Agenda items.
Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
Attention: The meeting site is wheelchair accessible: if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact 612.673.3220 (673.2157) TTDY/VOICE at least five days prior to the meeting.
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call: Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
Last updated Sep. 17, 2012