Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission Actions
4:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Room 317, City Hall
350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1385
Commission Membership: Mr. Chad Larsen, Ms. Laura Faucher, Mr. Alex Haecker, Ms. Susan Hunter Weir, Mr. Kevin Kelley, Ms. Ginny Lackovic, Ms. Tammy Lindberg, Ms. Linda Mack, Mr. Robert Mack, and Ms. Jody Tableporter.
Committee Clerk: Diana Armstrong, 612.673.2615
Commissioners Haecker and Tableporter were absent and excused from tonight’s meeting.
The meeting was called to order at 4:33 p.m.
Minutes were approved for the meeting held on May 15, 2012
1. 100 1st Avenue North (BZH #27302, Ward 7) (John Smoley)
MATCOM submitted a Certificate of Appropriateness application to install windows in new window openings in the building located at 100 1st Avenue North in the Warehouse and St Anthony Falls Historic Districts.
Action: The Heritage Preservation Commission adopted staff findings and approved the Certificate of Appropriateness to allow modifications to the alley side of the building to install new windows in new window openings and replace rusted non-historic windows in non-historic window openings in the building located at 100 1st Ave N subject to the following conditions:
- Replacement windows shall be finished with a painted enamel finish. Anodized or other unfinished treatments are not allowed.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of one year from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approval is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than June 5, 2013.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this Certificate of Appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this Certificate of Appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
- CPED-Planning Staff shall review and approve the final plans and elevations prior to building permit issuance.
Approved on Consent
Absent: Haecker and Tableporter
2. 1215 Marshall Street Northeast and 130 13th Avenue Northeast (Ward 3) (John Smoley)
Conceptual review of two new apartment buildings, the rehabilitation of the Grain Belt Brewery office building, and installation of a plaza over the archaeological site of the Orth Brewery.
Reminder of the Pioneers & Soldier’s Cemetery benefit concert this Saturday starting at 4:30 p.m. featuring Low. Tickets are available at the door. (Hunter Weir)
Minneapolis Walking Tours are ongoing. Tickets and schedules can be found online at Preserve Minneapolis’ website. (Lindberg)
Meeting was adjourned at 5:52 p.m.
The Next Heritage Preservation Commission Meeting: June 19, 2012
Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
Attention: The meeting site is wheelchair accessible: if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact 612.673.3220 (673.2157) TTDY/VOICE at least five days prior to the meeting.
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call: Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
Last updated Jun 6, 2012