Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission Agenda
4:30 p.m., Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Room 317, City Hall
350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1385
Commission Membership: Mr. Chad Larsen, Ms. Laura Faucher, Mr. Alex Haecker, Ms. Susan Hunter Weir, Mr. Kevin Kelley, Ms. Ginny Lackovic, Ms. Tammy Lindberg, Ms. Linda Mack, Mr. Robert Mack, and Ms. Jody Tableporter
Committee Clerk: Diana Armstrong, 612.673.2615
Call to Order
Petitions and Communications
Approval of Agenda
Approval of Actions from the May 15, 2012, meeting
· If you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway and state your name and address clearly into the microphone.
· Contact staff after the hearing if you have any questions regarding your project.
· Food and beverages are prohibited from the Council Chambers, and cell phones must be turned off during the proceedings.
MATCOM submitted a Certificate of Appropriateness application to install windows in new window openings in the building located at 100 1st Avenue North in the Warehouse and Saint Anthony Falls historic districts.
Staff Recommendation: The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development - Planning Division recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and approve the Certificate of Appropriateness to allow modifications to the alley side of the building to install new windows in new window openings and replace rusted nonhistoric windows in nonhistoric window openings in the building located at 100 1st Avenue North subject to the following conditions:
- Replacement windows shall be finished with a painted enamel finish. Anodized or other unfinished treatments are not allowed.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of one year from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approval is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one year extension if the request is made in writing no later than June 55, 2013.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this Certificate of Appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this Certificate of Appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
- CPED-Planning Staff shall review and approve the final plans and elevations prior to building permit issuance.
Conceptual review of two new apartment buildings, the rehabilitation of the Grain Belt Brewery office building, and installation of a plaza over the archaeological site of the Orth Brewery.
The next regular Heritage Preservation Commission meeting: June 19, 2012
The Chair reserves the right to limit discussion on Agenda items.
Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
Attention: The meeting site is wheelchair accessible: if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact 612.673.3220 (673.2157) TTDY/VOICE at least five days prior to the meeting.
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call: Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
Last updated May. 29, 2012