Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission Agenda
4:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Room 317, City Hall
350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1385
Commission Membership: Mr. Chad Larsen, Ms. Laura Faucher, Mr. Alex Haecker, Ms. Susan Hunter Weir, Mr. Kevin Kelley, Ms. Ginny Lackovic, Ms. Tammy Lindberg, Ms. Linda Mack, Mr. Robert Mack, and Ms. Jody Tableporter
Committee Clerk: Diana Armstrong, 612.673.2615
Call to Order
Petitions and Communications
Approval of Agenda
Approval of Actions from the April 3, 2012, meeting.
· If you plan on speaking, please sign in on the sheet located in the hallway and state your name and address clearly into the microphone.
· Contact staff after the hearing if you have any questions regarding your project.
· Food and beverages are prohibited from the Council Chambers, and cell phones must be turned off during the proceedings.
The City of Minneapolis Public Works Department has submitted an application for a Demolition of Historic Resource to allow for the demolition of Peavey Plaza at 1101 Nicollet Mall.
Staff Recommendation: The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development – Planning Division recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings and approve the demolition of Peavey Plaza at 1101 Nicollet Mall with the following mitigation conditions:
- As mitigation for the demolition of Peavey Plaza, a photographic recordation of the property shall be prepared and submitted to staff that is in accordance with the guidelines of the Minnesota Historic Property Record. The recordation shall include all exterior spaces and site design.
- As mitigation for the demolition of Peavey Plaza, a salvage plan for the plaza’s fountains and other features shall be prepared and submitted to CPED-Planning.
- As mitigation for the demolition of Peavey Plaza, a plan shall be prepared and submitted to CPED-Planning staff for the relocation of the 1974 time capsule and Peavey Plaza plaques.
Second of two HPC reviews on the 2nd draft of the St. Anthony Falls Historic District Design Guidelines.
The next regular Heritage Preservation Commission meeting: May 1, 2012
The Chair reserves the right to limit discussion on Agenda items.
Heritage Preservation Commission decisions are final unless appealed.
Attention: The meeting site is wheelchair accessible: if you need other disability related accommodations, such as a sign language interpreter or materials in alternative format, please contact 612.673.3220 (673.2157) TTDY/VOICE at least five days prior to the meeting.
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call: Hmong – Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koy dawb, hu 612.673.2800; Spanish – Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama 612.673.2700; Somali – Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac 612.673.3500.
Last updated Apr. 6, 2012