Committee of the Whole Agenda
Standing Committee of the City Council, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Thursday, August 21, 2008
10:00 a.m. - Room 317 City Hall
NOTE: All cellular telephones, pagers and BlackBerry devices to be switched to a non-audible function during Council and Committee meetings.
Committee: Council Members Lilligren, Ostrow, Gordon, Hofstede, Johnson, Samuels, Goodman, Glidden, Schiff, Remington, Benson, Colvin Roy and Hodges (Quorum – 7)
Council Committee Coordinator: Anissa Hollingshead (612) 673-2296
1. NRP Work Group Final Report
a) Postponed discussion on potential actions for one cycle, to the 9/11/2008 Committee of the Whole meeting in the 9/26/2008 Council Cycle, and
b) Directed staff to contact the inter-jurisdictional partners on the Neighborhood Revitalization Program Policy Board prior to the September 11, 2008, Committee of the Whole meeting and request a vote to allocate money as follows in order to remain as members of the NRP Policy Board with the stipulation that they contribute annually funds to NRP in the following amounts:
Hennepin County $12 million
City of Minneapolis $8 million
Park Board $4 million
School Board $4 million
State of Minnesota $4 million
Not on the Printed Agenda
2. City - School Board Collaboration
Establishing a multi-department task force to review and respond to traffic and safety issues for select Minneapolis Public School buildings.
Action Taken: Approved issuance of the staff direction
3. Information Services Policy Steering Group (ISPSG)
Recommendation to perform an analysis of the online delivery of City services.
Action Taken: Issue direction to all department heads to be prepared to discuss during the 2009 budget process the following:
1) An inventory of all services departments provide to City residents;
2) Which of these are currently provided online; and
3) Of those services not provided online/electronically, a plan for the next steps to move as many as possible online.
Reports of Committees
- Community Development
- Health, Energy & Environment
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Public Safety & Regulatory Services
- Transportation & Public Works
- Ways & Means/Budget
- Zoning & Planning
1. Police Department Promotions Ceremony at 800 a.m. in the City Hall Rotunda prior to the City Council meeting of August 22, 2008.
2. A Resolution honoring the Minneapolis Native Two Spirit Community will be presented prior to the City Council meeting of August 22, 2008.
3. The City Council meeting of August 22, 2008, will adjourn to Room 315, City Hall, for the purpose of discussing the matter of Melissa Hues v. City of Minneapolis.
Notice: A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.
Next Regular City Council Meeting: August 22, 2008
Next Regular Committee of the Whole Meeting: September 11, 2008
City Clerk e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minneapolis Web Page: MinneapolisMN.gov
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call - Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800; Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700; Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500
If you need a disability related accommodation, please contact email@example.com
Last updated Mar. 8, 2012