Committee of the Whole Agenda
Minneapolis City Council
Thursday, May 10, 2007 at 10:00 a.m.
Council Chamber, Room 317 City Hall
NOTE: All cellular telephones, pagers and BlackBerry devices to be switched to a non-audible function during Council and Committee meetings.
Present: Committee Members Lilligren (Chair), Ostrow, Gordon, Hofstede, Johnson, Samuels, Goodman, Glidden, Schiff, Remington, Colvin Roy, Hodges (Quorum 7)
Absent: Committee Member Benson
1. Community Engagement:
a) Approve charge and structure of Community Engagement Task Force;
b) Recommend components of background information about the focus, funding and governance of the Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP), and related staff direction.
Action Taken: 1 a) Sent forward without recommendation; AND
1 b) Approved following staff direction:
The City Council directs the City Coordinator to organize appropriate staff teams to organize and analyze the following background information as it relates to alternative options for the future focus, funding and governance of the Neighborhood Revitalization Program (NRP):
1. Relevant legislation
2. Mission statement and goals
3. Governance structure
4. Funding overview (past)
5. Financial status: trends, present, and post-2009
6. Program performance and accomplishments (investment results)
7. Impact on resident participation and inclusiveness
8. Tax policy considerations
- Any actions related to tax policy to be referred to Ways Means/Budget Committee for discussion and action.
9. Needs assessment for the future
The City Council further directs the City Coordinator to report, on a quarterly basis, the progress of each staff team, at a regular meeting of the Committee of the Whole.
2. Wireless, Portal & Community Engagement:
Receive and file updated report.
Reports of Committees
- Committee of the Whole
- Community Development
- Health, Energy & Environment
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Public Safety & Regulatory Services
- Transportation & Public Works
- Ways & Means/Budget
- Zoning & Planning
1. The City Council Meeting of May 11, 2007 will adjourn to a meeting of the Minneapolis Community Development Agency (MCDA) Board of Commissioners.
2. A Resolution honoring Bill Beck for his service and dedication to the City of Minneapolis will be presented prior to the City Council meeting of May 11, 2007.
Notice: A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.
Next Regular City Council Meeting: 5/11/2007
Next Regular Committee of the Whole Meeting: 5/24/2007
City Clerk e-mail: [email protected]
Minneapolis Web Page: MinneapolisMN.gov
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call - Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800; Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700; Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500
If you need a disability related accommodation, please contact [email protected]
Last updated Mar 8, 2012