Committee of the Whole Agenda
Minneapolis City Council
Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 10:00 a.m.
Council Chamber, Room 317 City Hall
NOTE: All cellular telephones, pagers and BlackBerry devices to be switched to a non-audible function during Council and Committee meetings.
Present: Committee Members Lilligren (Chair), Gordon, Hofstede, Johnson, Samuels, Goodman, Glidden, Schiff, Remington, Benson, Colvin Roy, Hodges (Quorum 7)
Absent: Committee Member Ostrow
1. Community Engagement Report:
Approve proposed workplan for community engagement system improvements and related NRP decisions.
Action Taken: Approved, with the following direction:
The City Council directs the City Coordinator to organize appropriate staff teams to begin implementation of the following improvements to the City’s community engagement system:
1. Explain the decision-making authority and process for each type of major City decision;
2. Clarify the roles and responsibilities of all official committees, boards and commissions; and
3. Develop accessible, consistent, two-way communication systems to allow residents and other stakeholders to better understand and participate in City decision-making processes.
The City Council further directs the City Coordinator to report, on a quarterly basis, the progress of each staff team, at a regular meeting of the Committee of the Whole, and to refer budget implications of their work to the Ways and Means/Budget Committee and Office of the Mayor.
Reports of Committees
Ø Committee of the Whole
Ø Community Development
Ø Health, Energy & Environment
Ø Intergovernmental Relations
Ø Public Safety & Regulatory Services
Ø Transportation & Public Works
Ø Ways & Means/Budget
Ø Zoning & Planning
1. The City Council Meeting of April 27, 2007 will adjourn to a meeting of the Minneapolis Community Development Agency (MCDA) Board of Commissioners.
Notice: A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.
Next Regular City Council Meeting: 4/27/2007
Next Regular Committee of the Whole Meeting: 5/10/2007
City Clerk e-mail: email@example.com
Minneapolis Web Page: MinneapolisMN.gov
Attention: If you want help translating this information, call - Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800; Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700; Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500. If you need a disability related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated Mar 8, 2012