Development Services Customer Service Center
To ensure the safety, health and livability of our community, the City of Minneapolis requires permits or licenses for development, constructions, remodeling and renovation projects. Development Review Customer Service Center staff are committed to helping contractors, developers, commercial owners, homeowners and landlords navigate the process and efficiently obtain all reviews, licenses, permits and inspections.
Customer Focused, Outcome Based, and Performance Driven
How Do I . . .
* * Valued Customers, due to high volumes of projects currently under review, longer timelines may be experienced. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience with us. Your reviews will be completed as quickly as we can. Thank you for doing business in the City of Minneapolis. **
New & Noteworthy
- The Development Services Rental Licensing Counter will be closing at 1:30 P.M. on Thursday, January 11th and will stay closed for the remainder of the day. The counter will be reopening on Friday, January 12th at 8:00 A.M. Customers may drop off Rental Licensing payments in the lock box located in the hallway just outside of the Customer Service Center. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our customers. Thank you.
- Development Review Customer Service Center - Closed Monday, January 15th
- Development Review Customer Service Center - Opening at 10:00 A.M. - Thursday, January 18th
- Learn more about the work of the SAC Task Force
- Effective immediately, the Business Licensing Counter will not be open on Fridays until after 10:00 A.M.
- Notice - Park Dedication Fee Increase - April 1, 2017
- 2015 MN Residential Code - Significant Changes (10k Lakes online version).pdf
- Important Change to the Minnesota Building Code Plan Review Letter
- Recently Revised Document - "Checklist for Construction of New One and Two Family Homes"
- Residential Construction Management Agreement
- City of Minneapolis Parkland Dedication Ordinance FAQ
- Incentives and Rebates for Dealers and Contractors
- Critical Parking Permits
Last updated Jan 4, 2018