Development Services Customer Service Center
To ensure the safety, health and livability of our community, the City of Minneapolis requires permits or licenses for development, constructions, remodeling and renovation projects. Development Review Customer Service Center staff are committed to helping contractors, developers, commercial owners, homeowners and landlords navigate the process and efficiently obtain all reviews, licenses, permits and inspections.
Customer Focused, Outcome Based, and Performance Driven
How Do I . . .
- Due to high volumes of projects currently under review, longer timelines may be experienced. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience with us. Your reviews will be completed as quickly as we can. Thank you for doing business in the City of Minneapolis. **
New & Noteworthy
- On Wednesday, January 15th the Development Services Customer Service Center will have no Construction Code Services (building code) walk-in counter review service all day. Customers may check their plans in to be assigned for later review or return for counter service on Thursday, January 16th starting at 9:00 a.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our customers. Thank you.
- The City of Minneapolis is giving away 200 radon test kits during the month of January to increase awareness of the cancer risks of radon and to encourage people to test their homes for it. The test kits are easy to use, and postage and testing instructions are included in the kit. The Environmental Protection Agency has designated January as National Radon Action Month.
Free kits will be available while supplies last at the City of Minneapolis Development Review, 250 S. Fourth St., Room 300. Minneapolis Development Review’s hours of operation are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays. Once the supply of free radon test kits runs out, kits will still be available at the same location for $9 each.
- Permit fee changes effective June 1, 2019 - The annual rate increase to the Director’s Fee Schedule is authorized by Minneapolis Code of Ordinances, Section 91.70. The 2019 adjustment of 2% is effective June 1, 2019 and is reflected in the 2019 Director's Fee Schedule (coming soon). Please remember to clear your web browser cache to remove cookies before opening or downloading the new permit applications or fee schedules.
- Effective immediately, the Business Licensing Counter will not be open on Fridays until after 10:00 a.m.
- Notice - Park Dedication Fee Increase - April 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Important Change to the Minnesota Building Code Plan Review Letter (PDF)
- Recently Revised Document - "Checklist for Construction of New One and Two Family Homes" (PDF)
- Residential Construction Management Agreement (PDF)
- City of Minneapolis Parkland Dedication Ordinance FAQ (PDF)
- Incentives and Rebates for Dealers and Contractors
- Critical Parking Permits
Last updated Jan 13, 2020