Information for Drivers and Vehicle Owners
All taxicabs picking up passengers in Minneapolis are required to display a City of Minneapolis Taxicab Vehicle License sticker on the left side of the rear window. You have been identified as operating without this taxicab vehicle license in violation of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances. You may expect the following to occur:
1. Your vehicle will be impounded immediately. It is considered evidence that you are operating without the required city license.
2. You will be issued an Administrative Citation for a minimum $250. If you have prior citations, this amount will be between $500 and $2,000.
3. You may pay this citation. If you choose to pay this citation, you must wait an entire business day to allow us time to process your paperwork. We accept cash, cashier checks, money orders and credit cards. We will not accept a personal check for payment of an administrative fine. A cashier’s check should be payable to the Minneapolis Finance Department.
Minneapolis City Hall
Licenses and Consumer Services
350 South 5 th Street – Room 1C
4. You may reclaim your vehicle. You must pay all the citations. Impounded vehicles can be picked up from Minneapolis Impound Lot. Towing and Storage fees must be paid before vehicles can be returned
5. You may appeal this citation. You have 20 days to appeal this citation. If you choose to appeal, a hearing will be scheduled.
For more information call the Taxi Inspector at (612) 673-2080 or 311.
Minneapolis Impound Lot
51 Colfax Ave North, Minneapolis, MN
Last updated Nov 12, 2014