1. Business license must be posted.
2. Litter must be picked up within 100 feet.
3. Weeds must be removed and grass cut below 8 inches.
4. Graffiti must be removed.
5. Exterior must be in good condition.
6. Solid waste must be in containers and in an enclosure.
7. Dumpster can’t be overflowing.
8. Snow must be removed within 4 hours of a snow event.
9. Windows cannot be blocked with obstruction on more than 30% of the surface.
10. Shopping carts must be controlled so they are not a nuisance.
11. Merchandise cannot be displayed or for sale on the sidewalk.
12. Business must be conducted in an enclosed building.
13. Signs must be maintained.
14. Nothing can be posted on public property or on the exterior of building.
15. You must take all necessary measures to stop loitering.
16. All court judgment arising out of the business must be satisfied.
17. Vending machines shall be in plain view of employees or not open to the public.
18. Taxes and other fees must be paid.
19. Payphones, located on the city sidewalk, must be contracted with the City of Minneapolis.
20. Businesses must be in compliance with all city ordinances.
21. Businesses must contact Business Licensing if the name or address change.
22. Businesses with operating conditions must post them.
23. Businesses must provide adequate security to prevent illegal activity.
24. Areas in the business not monitored by employees should not be available to the public.
25. Parking and other outdoor public areas shall be illuminated at an intensity of at least 2 foot-candles per square foot, 18 inches above ground level.
26. Licensees must take appropriate action to prevent violations by any persons on the business premises, including parking areas, related to gambling; prostitution; the unlawful sale or possession of controlled substances; indecent exposure; exhibition and distribution of obscene materials or performances; operating a disorderly house; noisy assemblies; unlawful possession, transportation, sale or use of a weapon; disorderly conduct; lurking and loitering; public nuisances; obstructing legal process, arrest, or firefighting; and any other criminal activity arising out of the conduct of the business.
27. No person shall in any way hinder, impede or obstruct the inspectors of the department of licenses and consumer services in the performance of their official duties.
28. Misleading advertisements and deceptive practices related to goods and services are prohibited.
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011