Safe Alcohol Sales and Service Techniques
1. Be polite but firm. Explain that you will get into serious trouble if you do not check everyone’s ID.
2. Know how to read birth dates to determine if a person is 21 or older.
3. Make sure the picture on the ID matches the person.
4. Don’t fall for any excuses such as, "I forgot my license at home."
5. Help your co-workers. Remind each other. Back each other up.
6. If persons over the age of 21 attempt to share their alcoholic drinks with minors, ask them to stop or leave your property, including outdoor areas and parking lots.
7. If a customer gives you a hard time, offer to let them speak to the owner or manager.
8. If you are confused about your policy or come across a difficult situation, ask your supervisor to explain what is expected or how to handle the situation.
9. If in doubt, refuse to sell.
10. If uncomfortable, find a supervisor.
Last updated Sep 27, 2011