Amending Chapter 364 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances relating to Liquor and Beer: Liquor Regulations.
The City Council of the City of Minneapolis do ordain as follows:
Section 1. That Chapter 364, Liquor Regulations, of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances be amended to read as follows:
364.80. - Hours, days regulated. (a) No on-sale or service of liquor, wine or beer may be made:
(1) Between 1:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. on the days of Monday through Saturday;
(2) After 1:00 a.m. on Sundays, except with a valid Sunday sales license as provided in subsection (c);
(3) Alcohol may be served or sold until 2:00 a.m. in establishments that have obtained a permit from the commissioner of public safety under Minnesota Statute Section 340A.504 Subd. 7, permitting sales after 1:00 a.m.
(b) No off-sale of liquor may be made:
(1) On Sundays; except between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., beginning July 2, 2017;
(2) Before 8:00 a.m. on Monday through Saturday;
(3) After 10:00 p.m. on Monday through Saturday;
(4) On Thanksgiving Day;
(5) On December 25; or
(6) After 8:00 p.m. on December 24.
(c) Sunday sales. Establishments to which "on-sale" licenses have been issued or hereafter may be issued for the sale of intoxicating liquors which are hotels or restaurants may serve intoxicating liquors between the hours of 8:00 a.m. on Sundays and 1:00 a.m. on Mondays in conjunction with the serving of food. An establishment that has obtained a permit from the commissioner of public safety under Minnesota Statute Section 340A.504 Subd. 7 may serve intoxicating liquors until 2:00 a.m. on Mondays. It is unlawful for any such establishment, directly or indirectly, to sell or serve intoxicating liquors as provided in this subsection without having first obtained a special license therefor. Application for said special license shall be made to the council in the same manner as application is made for other licenses to sell intoxicating liquor.
Last updated Apr 13, 2017