How to Apply
Thanks for your interest in working for The City of Minneapolis. We are looking for qualified applicants who have a desire to serve our community while building their career. Applying is easy and for many of our jobs, your one application will be considered for multiple jobs in the job category. Make sure you pay close attention to the instructions for online submission and complete all of the steps. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Before you apply
- Submit an application that is completed in full - a resume is not a substitute for completing the online application. If the online application does not include complete information, it will not be considered further.
- A valid email address is required to create an account - all communication with applicants will be via email, so be sure to check your email frequently (including spam/junk mailbox).
- Your legal name is required - provide your legal name as it appears on your Social Security card. Format your name in upper and lower case letters.
- Include all required documents - all required documents listed on the job posting must be submitted with a completed application by the closing date. Incomplete applications may be rejected.
Job applications are processed online through NEOGOV. You will need to create a new account by following these steps:
- Click the link of the job title you wish to apply for
- Click the Apply link
- Follow the steps to create your NEOGOV profile
After you apply
To view the status of your application: Log-in to NEOGOV. Click the Application and Status link for detailed information.
Your application status will be updated throughout the hiring process.
If you forgot your password: Use the 'Reset Password' link in NEOGOV - it is located directly below the user name and password login box.
Please note: the City of Minneapolis does not retain applicant login or password information .
If you have additional question, please visit the frequently asked questions page.
Last updated Feb 14, 2019