The 2014 Community Technology Survey results are In! See highlights, Ward summaries and the full report.
Community Technology Position Opening
Apply or help spread the word about the City of Minneapolis AmeriCorps position through the Community Technology Empowerment Project (CTEP). Apply now - CTEP position interviews are being scheduled with qualified candidates as the applications come in.
The City’s position is focused on helping Minneapolis close both the digital divide and our racial equity gaps by increasing resident’s access to and use of computers, mobile devices and the Internet.
- Help job seekers in Minneapolis improve their tech skills and reach their employment and personal goals.
- Teach computer classes, run open lab sessions and help make a difference in the City by networking, coordinating resources and creating new digital literacy programs in the community.
- The position has flexible hours and allows the Member to travel to a variety of sites in the City.
- Great opportunity to learn about Minneapolis and working with government and community service programs.
- The service term runs from Sept 2, 2014 to Aug 31, 2015.
The City's IT Vision includes a component for addressing the digital divide in Minneapolis: All City residents, institutions and businesses will have the tools, skills and motivation to gain value from the digital society. Our residents and businesses need to be equipped to effectively compete with others around the world—to be smarter, more creative, more knowledgeable, and more innovative. Leveraging technology is a necessary ingredient of success.
- See online resources and new materials in Spanish, Somali, Hmong and English
- Community Technology Centers in Minneapolis - Map
- Training, Computer and Internet Access Resources Booklet providing an overview of free or low cost training, computers and Internet services.
- Wireless Minneapolis: Overview Community Benefits Minneapolis Digital Inclusion Fund
- Technology Literacy Collaborative
- Get Involved
See also: Data and Reports
Contact Elise Ebhardt, 612-673-2026 for more information or to get involved.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014