Fix-It Tech Events Scheduled through April 2015
A free community technology education event providing computer hardware repair, education and tech support.
Share the Fix-It Tech flyer and contact Elise Ebhardt with questions or to volunteer.
IT is developing the Fix-It Tech events with community partners in response to the Minneapolis Community Technology survey results and our experiences working with residents on their technology needs. The 2014 survey results show that residents overall are not very comfortable troubleshooting computer problems, installing software or backing up files, or protecting themselves online.
2014 Community Technology Survey - See highlights, Ward summaries and the full report.
The City's IT Vision includes a component for addressing the digital divide in Minneapolis: All City residents, institutions and businesses will have the tools, skills and motivation to gain value from the digital society. Our residents and businesses need to be equipped to effectively compete with others around the world—to be smarter, more creative, more knowledgeable, and more innovative. Leveraging technology is a necessary ingredient of success.
- See online resources and new materials in Spanish, Somali, Hmong and English
- Community Technology Centers in Minneapolis - Map
- Training, Computer and Internet Access Resources Booklet providing an overview of free or low cost training, computers and Internet services.
- Wireless Minneapolis: Overview Community Benefits Minneapolis Digital Inclusion Fund
- Technology Literacy Collaborative
- Get Involved
See also: Data and Reports
Contact Elise Ebhardt, 612-673-2026 for more information or to get involved.
Last updated Mar 3, 2015