My Health Rewards by Medica SM
The City of Minneapolis wellness program featuring My Health Rewards by MedicaSM is back. New for 2013, the program offers more ways to improve your health and earn the preferred wellness premium rate on your health insurance coverage in 2014.
In 2013, 85 percent of City employees are saving $360/single or $1,200/family on their health insurance premiums because they completed the wellness program in 2012.
Make a point of completing the enhanced wellness program
When you earn 300 points for completing any combination of the health actions below by August 31, 2013, you will qualify for the wellness employee contribution rate on your health insurance coverage for the 2014 plan year. Each health action is worth 100 points.
Get started today by going to www.mymedica.com and completing the Personal Health Profile. Then pick two additional health actions from the list, below, that are the best fit for you. Please start your health actions as soon as possible, as several of the programs can take weeks or months to complete.
Available Health Actions
The following health actions will appear on everyone's scorecard:
- Personal Health Profile (100 points) - Evaluate your health and identify areas to work on. Complete a short assessment and you will earn program points and a $20 gift card from Medica. The assessment is available at mymedica.com. Those without computer access may request a paper copy by calling Medica at 952-945-8000.
- Health Topics and Goals (100 points) - Review eight health topics and set eight health goals to earn program points and a $40 gift card from Medica. Topics and goals are available online at mymedica.com or on paper if you also requested a paper copy of the Personal Health Profile.
- Biometric Screening (100 points) - Learn about your health status by checking your body mass index, blood pressure, blood glucose, total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides. You can either have the screening done at a worksite event or by your physician. To sign up for an appointment at a worksite event, go to https://pickatime.com/cityofminneapolis.htm. If you have testing done by your physician submit a Health Action Notification Form with your lab results to receive program points.
- Fit ChoicesSM by Medica (100 points) - Work out at a participating fitness center at least eight times per month for a least four months between now and July 31, 2013 to earn your points. You must be enrolled in the FitChoices program to earn the points. Visit mymedica.com for a list of participating fitness clubs and enrollment instructions.
Up to two more health actions, listed below, may be added to your scorecard if you are invited by Medica to participate in either the Health Coaching or Tobacco Cessation programs. You also may refer yourself to these programs by calling Medica at the numbers below:
- Health Coaching (100 points) - Complete two calls with a health coach by August 31, 2013, to earn 100 points. Finish the entire health coaching program for even more insight into how you might overcome barriers to your wellbeing. The entire program takes 4-6 months to complete. When you do so by December 31, 2013, you'll also receive a $75 gift card from Medica. Call 1-866-905-7430 to get started.
- Tobacco Cessation Program (100 points) - Leave tobacco behind for good. Get telephone counseling and support, plus free nicotine replacement therapy to help you quit. When you complete the tobacco cessation program by August 31, 2013, you'll earn program points. Call 1-800-934-4824 to enroll.
Some employees may be invited to participate in and earn points for the following programs due to their individual circumstances. These programs are NOT available to everyone - you must be invited by Medica to participate.
- Healthy Pregnancy Program (100 points) - Get information and support for first-time and/or high-risk pregnancies.
- Treatment Decision Program (100 points) - Receive assistance in evaluating treatment options for selected conditions.
- Medication Management Therapy (100 points) - Get support from a specially trained pharmacist to ensure safe, effective, affordable medication therapy.
- Case Management (100 points) - Work with a nurse to better understand your complex health condition, review treatment options and communicate more effectively with your doctors.
How to get started:
If you have logged on before AND have the same group number as 2012
If you have logged onto mymedica.com and do NOT have a new group number:
1. Visit www.mymedica.com.
2. Enter your username and password.
3. Click on the Health & Wellness tab.
4. The Personal Health Profile will load.
If you have a new group number or are a new user
If you have never signed in to mymedica OR you have a new group number in 2013 you will need to register as a new user. You will have a new group number if you switched networks or moved from Standard to Wellness or Wellness to Standard.
1. Visit www.mymedica.com.
2. Click on the Register Now button located at the bottom of the Site Login box.
3. Complete the registration. You will need your Medica ID card for this step.
4. Once you are logged into mymedica.com, click on the Health & Wellness tab.
5. Complete the Account Set Up for the Health & Wellness page if prompted
6. Once you are set up, the health assessment will load automatically. Click Start Now to complete the Personal Health Profile.
After you complete the Personal Health Profile, you will have access to your Personal Health Scorecard. The scorecard will display points you have earned and points you are eligible to earn in the future.
Log in any time to view the options or check your point status. Medica will mail you a paper copy of your scorecard in May 2013.
Last updated May 14, 2013