Benefits Staff and Contact Information 

Benefit/HRIS Question or Issue

City Contact

Phone #

Benefit plan enrollment and changes

• Benefit plan deductions

• Enrollment/eligibility (new hires)

• Coverage changes (marriage, divorce or birth/adoption of a child, life insurance coverage and beneficiary changes)

• Insurance verification requests and medical support orders from various social services agencies

Mary Whitaker


Deferred compensation plans

• Enrolling in a plan, changing contribution amounts, transferring between providers, stopping contributions

• Emergency withdrawals (call deferred comp plans directly)

• Divorce/domestic relations orders

Chris Dejarlais


Life insurance and disability plans

• Life insurance claims

• LTD claims (to report a claim, call 1-800-362-4462)

• Short-term disability enrollment or cancellation (1-800-373-3771)

• STD claims (to report a claim, call 1-800-537-5024)

Continued medical/dental/life coverage following termination of employment, leave/layoff, divorce or over-age dependents

• Eligibility, return to work and reinstatement of coverage

• Monthly payments for continued coverage

Retiree medical coverage

• Eligibility, enrollment and monthly payments

• Benefit coverage questions

Michelle Howard


HRA/VEBA and Minneflex

• Questions on contribution amounts (for all other questions call OptumHealth 763-421-5510)

Metropass and Pre-tax Parking Program

Nancy Skogrand


Pension plan and benefits-related HRIS issues

• Pension plan enrollment

• Sick leave, vacation, comp time, & floating holiday accruals

• Union contract, policy or employee changes requiring benefit program adjustments (on HRIS)

• System-generated forms, reports and queries

Patty Benkusky


Wellness Programs

Sue Dufloth

Amy Friedman



Questions about plan design and coverage, service issues, complaints

Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (Union Central)

Joyce Traver


Last updated Dec 8, 2011