City of Minneapolis Wellness Program
- Eligible employees will also receive a $20 gift card for every 100 points they earn in the program through Dec. 31, 2019. Gift cards are awarded as follows:
• 100 points: $20 gift card
• 200 points: $20 gift card
• 300 points: $20 gift card
• 400 points: $20 gift card
• 500 points: $20 gift card
- The value of gift cards received is subject to income tax withholding.
- Enrolled dependents who are age 18 and older may also complete health actions for points to earn gift card rewards totaling up to $100; however, only the employee is eligible to earn the lower wellness premium reward.
How to earn points
To earn points, you will use the My Health Rewards website to complete online health actions and report your completion of offline health actions. To get started, visit mymedica.com and click on the Health & Wellness tab to navigate to the My Health Rewards website login page.
Health actions for all employees and enrolled dependents
All employees who are subscribers to the City of Minneapolis medical plan and their enrolled dependents age 18+ are eligible to earn points in the My Health Rewards program by completing the health actions listed below:
- Health Assessment (100 points to a maximum of 100 points per year): Create your own personal path to health by completing the Health Assessment on the My Health Rewards website. It takes less than 20 minutes to answer about 35 questions. Journeys will be recommended for you based on your answers. If you return to the Health Assessment later, hit the Retake button and update it with new information, new Journeys will be recommended for you.
- Next-Steps Consult® (25 points to a maximum of 25 points per year): Complete a 15-minute phone call with a trained health educator who will review your Health Assessment responses and recommend health improvement opportunities for you.
- Journeys® (50 points per Journey to a maximum of 300 points per year): Explore an interactive topic designed to change your health habits with easy, achievable steps. You can select the steps that are meaningful to you, and you don’t need to complete all the steps you see. Expect a Journey to last 4-6 weeks, depending on your unique path. Journeys integrate with social media sites so you can share your progress with others. When you get a message that your Journey is complete, you’ll receive 50 points.
- Track® (1 point per day to a maximum of 200 points per year): Log what you do each day in categories like exercise, healthy eating and life balance. When you move your daily wellness meter to 500, you’ll earn a point for that day. You can enter your activities into Track on the My Health Rewards website or sync activities from mobile apps such as Runkeeper and personal devices such as Fitbit and Garmin. You can enter data retroactively, but you can’t go back more than 30 days.
- Monj (25 points for the profile, plus 1 point per daily mission to a maximum of 200 points per year): Improve the way you eat through an online food and lifestyle program. You’ll be guided through Monj’s lessons – the blueprints for building healthy eating skills – in an interactive and enjoyable way. Visit the My Health Rewards website to complete your Monj profile and get started with Monj’s daily missions.
- Virtual Care Education (25 points to a maximum of 25 points per year): Visit the My Health Rewards website to discover how you can save time through e-visits. Earn 25 points for learning how to get a diagnosis and treatment – even a prescription if you need one – by connecting with a provider using your computer or mobile device.
Health actions for all subscribing employees but not dependents
Employees who are subscribers to the City of Minneapolis medical plan may earn rewards points in the My Health Rewards by Medica program by completing any of the additional health actions listed below. These health actions are not available to dependents. A City employee who is enrolled in the medical plan as the dependent of another City employee will not have access to these health actions:
- Biometric Health Screenings (100 points for the screening tests plus 25 points for each normal test result up to a maximum of 200 points per year): Check your body mass index, blood glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure. You can go to a work site screening event, have your doctor order your tests or use another approved provider. You’ll find instructions on the My Health Rewards website. Be sure to complete your screening by July 31 to allow enough processing time for points to be awarded by the August 31, 2019, deadline for the wellness premium reward. Points for this health action can only be earned once per year.
- Preventive Cancer Screenings (25 points per eligible screening per year): Visit the Rewards page of the My Health Rewards website to report that you are up-to-date during the 2019 plan year for breast, cervical and colorectal cancer screening exams that are appropriate for your age and gender.
- Preventive Dental Examinations (25 points to a maximum of 25 points per year): Visit the Rewards page of the My Health Rewards website to report the date of a preventive dental exam you received between September 1, 2018, and August 31, 2019. Points for this health action can only be earned once per year.
- Flu vaccination (25 points to a maximum of 25 rewards points per year): Visit the My Health Rewards website to report that you received a vaccination for the current flu season (September 2018 to May 2019). Points for this health action can only be earned once per year. Health &
- Wellness Classes (25 points per class up to a maximum of 50 points per year): Visit the My Health Rewards website to report that you attended up to two worksite health and wellness classes by August 31, 2019. You’ll find a schedule of eligible classes here . Points for two classes can only be earned once per year.
- Volunteer (25 points to a maximum of 25 points per year): Visit the Rewards page of the My Health Rewards website to report any date on which you volunteered in the community between September 1, 2018, and August 31, 2019.
Health actions for selected employees
Selected employees may also receive an invitation to participate in one of Medica’s Health and Care Support Programs. These programs are not available to everyone. If you are invited, Medica will contact you. All conversations are confidential. There is no cost to participate or requirement to do so. Those who are invited and choose to participate in a Medica Health and Care Support program will earn 200 rewards points per completed program to a maximum of 200 rewards points per year. For more information, call 1-866-905-7430.
Initial eligibility for the wellness program
All City employees who are newly enrolled in the medical plan will receive the discounted lower wellness rate for the calendar year in which they begin their coverage.
Employees who become eligible for City benefits on or before June 1, 2019, must earn at least 300 points in the wellness program by Aug. 31, 2019, to qualify for the discounted wellness rate on their health insurance premiums in 2020.
New employees who become eligible for City benefits after June 1, 2019, will automatically receive the discounted wellness rate on their health insurance premiums in 2020.
New employees may earn points for gift cards from the date they become eligible for City benefits through December 31, 2019.
How to access to your My Health Rewards website
If you have logged on to mymedica.com previously and do not have a new group number for your health insurance in 2019:
- Visit mymedica.com.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the “Health & Wellness” tab.
- Begin working on health actions. We recommend you complete the Health Assessment first. Your previous responses to the Health Assessment may still appear. To earn points for it in 2019, click the Retake button and complete the assessment
If you have never logged on to mymedica.com or have a new group number for your health insurance in 2019: (You have a new group number if you switched networks during the most recent open enrollment period or if your health insurance premiums switched from the standard rate to the wellness rate or vice versa).
- Visit mymedica.com .
- Click on the Register Now button at the bottom of the Site Login box.
- Complete the registration. You will need your Medica ID card for this step.
- Once you are logged in, click the Health & Wellness tab.
- Make sure your profile includes the email address where you’d like to receive gift card reward notifications.
- Begin working on health actions. Your previous responses to the Health Assessment may still appear. To earn points for it in 2019, click the Retake button and complete the assessment.
- Read the frequently asked questions.
- Call Medica Customer Service at 952-945-8000.
- Contact HR through the CityLIfe Employee Hub through the shortcut on your desktop or through this link. You can also call the Benefits Office at 612-673-2282.
RedBrick Journeys®, Next-Steps Consult® and Track® are registered trademark of RedBrick Health Corporation.
Information you share in the course of completing your health actions is not provided to the City of Minneapolis and has no bearing on your Medica health coverage or benefits.
Your health plan is committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in a wellness program are available to all employees; you might qualify to earn the same reward by different means. We will work with you (and, if you wish, your doctor) to find a wellness program with the same reward that is right for you in light of your health status. To request accommodation, use your City-issued computer to submit an inquiry to the HR Service Center or call the Benefits Office at 612-673-2282.
Last updated January 16,2019
Last updated Sep 26, 2019