Regulatory Services

Fine Schedule

Hearing Room Location

Minneapolis City Hall, Room 1A
350 South 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Contact Information

Administrative Hearings
250 South 4th Street, Room 400
Minneapolis, MN 55415

(612) 673-2306

Minneapolis311iconCall 311 for information about the City and City services.


Non-English Resources

Non-English Information, this icon shows text for espanol, hmoob and soomaaliga

Find services and City information translated in other languages.

Understanding Decisions

An administrative hearing officer may make a decision on your case at the conclusion of the hearing, or the matter may be taken under advisement. In either case, you will receive the administrative hearing officer's decision in the mail within two (2) weeks of the hearing date. The decision may be one or a combination of the orders listed below.

Appealing a Decision

If you disagree with the decision of the administrative hearing officer, you do have the ability to appeal that decision to a higher court.

Administrative Citations - Decisions from administrative citation hearings are appealable to the Minnesota Court of Appeals. Information can be found at the Minnesota Court of Appeals website, or by calling them at (651) 296-2581.

Special Assessments - Decisions from special assessment hearings are appealable in Hennepin County District Court. At the end of each Levy Year, the Minneapolis City Council votes to certify the year's assessments. In 2019, that meeting is on November 22. Within thirty (30) days of that date, a notice of appeal must be served upon the Mayor or City Clerk of Minneapolis, and within ten (10) days of serving notice upon the City, a second notice must be filed with the Court Administrator of the District Court. More information can be found at the Hennepin County District Court website, or by calling them at (612) 348-6000.

Last updated Jan 3, 2019



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 

Regulatory Services  ©1997-2019 City of Minneapolis, MN


311 call center

311 TTY relay service

City of Minneapolis Facebook City of Minneapolis Twitter City of Minneapolis YouTube ChaNNEL Minneapolis 311 Watch Minneapolis City Council TV City of Minneapolis LinkedIn

Minneapolis, City of Lakes logo