2015 Flavor and Price Tobacco Sales Ordinance
In 2015, Minneapolis City Council changed the tobacco sales ordinance to:
- Set a minimum price of $2.60 per cigar up to a 4 pack of cigars.
- Restrict the sale of flavored tobacco to tobacco only shops, menthol flavor is exempted.
- Require tobacco only shops to prohibit entry to those under 18 years old.
This ordinance applies to all tobacco vendors in the City of Minneapolis. To learn more about applicable tobacco sales laws visit business licensing to review the tobacco resources in the search box “How do I find out more about…”
- Review the Compliance Guide for more information
- Would you like free postcard sign outlining the new price rules? Community partner Association of Nonsmoker is offering free postcard signs. Contact D’Ana Pennington at 612-673-3928 or at Dana.email@example.com to request a free postcard sign (shown below).
These changes were adopted to prevent youth access to cheap flavored tobacco products. To learn more about the issue of cheap flavored tobacco visit the youth prevention page here.
For more information contact:
Last updated Mar 6, 2017