Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
The Minnesota Food Code requires a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plan for certain specialized processes. HACCP plans must be submitted and approved prior to use. Processes include:
- Serving raw or undercooked beef, eggs, fish or poultry.
- Smoking food as part of the cooking process.
- Curing food.
- Adding components to preserve a food or render it not potentially hazardous.
- Using reduced oxygen packaging.
- Operating molluscan shellfish life support system display tanks used to store and display shellfish that are offered for human consumption.
- Removing tags or labels from shellstock when using more than one tagged label or container at a time.
Some of these processes have alternatives to a HACCP plan or have additional requirements such as a variance. Please contact your health inspector or the HACCP Team below to help guide you through these requirements.
Free HACCP workshops on Fermenting and Canning
Minneapolis licensed food establishments are invited to bring their fermenting and canning Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) plans to these free workshops! You will get hands-on assistance from the City of Minneapolis Health Department HACCP team with your HACCP plans.
Yogurt, crème fraiche, kombucha and kimchi are examples of common fermented products.
To find HACCP plan templates scroll down to Resources.
The workshop is being held twice - once in English and once in Spanish.
Monday, June 20, 2016
Lunes, junio 27, 2016
Please register. We would like to know how many people plan to attend.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Leslie Foreman at 612-673-3544.
Entrenamiento gratis en HACCP
Plan HACCP para Fermentación y Conservas
¡Traiga lo que tenga de su Plan de Análisis de Riesgos y Puntos Críticos de Control (HACCP) a este taller gratis! Usted recibirá asistencia individualizada de parte de un miembro del equipo HACCP del departamento de Salud de la Ciudad de Minneapolis.
Algunos formatos del plan HACCP se encuentran disponibles en nuestra página web:
Algunos ejemplos de productos fermentados son yogurt, crème fraiche, kombucha y kimchi.
Este taller se llevara a cabo en dos ocasiones; una en Ingles otra en Español.
Monday, June 20, 2016
Lunes, junio 27, 2016
Por favor regístrese. Nos gustaría saber cuántas personas van a asistir.
Para registrarse envíe un email a: email@example.com llame a Justo Garcia 612-673-3619.
Mohamed Yusuf, 612-673-2612
Justo Garcia, 612-673-3619
Jim Donovan, 612-673-2795
Kevin Keopraseuth, 612-673-2633
Jeremy Shields, 612-673-3561
If you are ready to start working on your HACCP plan, resources can be found below. Note that all templates must be modified to be consistent with your operation's procedures. After the plan has been reviewed, your operation will be inspected to ensure the procedures outlined in the submitted plan are consistent with what is happening in the operation.
- HACCP CONTENTS CHECKLIST – List of items required when submitting a plan.
- HAZARD ANALYSIS WORKSHEET – Worksheet provided to do hazard analysis. If using a template below, this will be provided in the template.
- HACCP PLAN FORM – Worksheet provided for CCPs. If using a template below, this will be provided in the template.
- FDA HACCP Website – Link to HACCP Principles and Application Guidelines.
- Managing Food Safety: A Manual for the Voluntary Use of HACCP Principles for Operators of Food Service and Retail Establishments - Link to resource.
Reduced Oxygen Packaging
- HACCP Plan Template - ROP Raw Meats - A plan template for raw meats stored in vacuum packages.
- HACCP Plan Template - Sous Vide - A plan template for food cooked in vacuum packages.
- HACCP Plan Template - Cook Chill - A plan template for cooked foods chilled in vacuum packages.
There are varying ppm requirements for different curing agents based on the method of curing. Contact the HACCP Team above if you have questions about which template best fits your product.
- HACCP Plan Template - Cured Jerky (200ppm), Pkg sale - A plan template for cured jerky that is sold in a package that is not a reduced oxygen package.
- HACCP Plan Template - Cured Sausage (156ppm), Pkg sale - A plan template for cured sausage that is served.
- HACCP Plan Template - Cured Sausage (120-156ppm), ROP Pkg sale - A plan template for cured sausage that is packaged in a reduced oxygen package.
- HACCP Plan Canning example - A template for canning produce and storing out at room temperature.
- Canning at Retail Fact Sheet
- HACCP Food Flow - Canning
- HACCP Plan Template - Fermenting - A template for fermentation/acidification
Last updated Jun 28, 2016