Conducting Performance Appraisals 2017
The City of Minneapolis has moved all performance appraisals to a single 4 month window of time. Most departments using PerformMinneapolis and Halogen software will complete performance appraisal activities November through February.
There are 3 steps to complete in the following order:
- Employee completes a self-appraisal
- Supervisor completes a performance appraisal and discusses performance with each employee
- Employee enters work expectations; supervisor finalizes and employee signs off
For anyone receiving a performance appraisal
- Online Self-Appraisal training and Preparing for your Performance Appraisal (30 minutes -- turn on audio; the training has sound) You must be in Internet Explorer to view this training.
- Employee's Performance Appraisal Checklist
- Self-Appraisal Tips and Deadlines
- How to complete the self-appraisal form in Halogen
For anyone conducting a performance appraisal
- Supervisor's Performance Appraisal Checklist
- Who should get a performance appraisal.
- How to complete the performance appraisal form in Halogen
- Using the Task Status tab to track where your employees are in process
- "Conducting Performance Appraisal" training is scheduled in City of Lakes, Room 101 on the following dates. This training is required of any supervisor who has not used the Halogen system to conduct performance appraisals. The class covers the City's performance management process, explains the rating systems and discuss.
- November 30, 2017 9 - 11:30 am
- December 13, 2017 9 – 11:30 am
- January 4, 2018 9 - 11:30 am
- February 14, 2018 9 – 11:30 am
- General tips
- Halogen tips for Supervisors
- Copy last year's work expectations to this year's work expectations
- Activating your email account in order to activate your Halogen account For PW Service Workers and Minneapolis Convention Center employees
Last updated Jan 2, 2018