Conducting Performance Appraisals
The City of Minneapolis has moved all performance appraisals to a single 4 month window of time. All Departments using PerformMinneapolis and Halogen software will complete performance appraisal activities November through February.
There are 3 steps to complete in the following order:
- Employee completes a self-appraisal
- Supervisor completes a performance appraisal and discusses performance with each employee
- Employee enters work expectations; supervisor finalizes and employee signs off
For anyone receiving a performance appraisal
- Online Self-Appraisal training and Preparing for your Performance Appraisal (30 minutes -- turn on audio; the training has sound)
- Employee's Performance Appraisal Checklist
- Self-Appraisal Tips and Deadlines
- How to complete the self-appraisal form in Halogen
- Self-Appraisal Form (paper: for Traffic Control, Convention Center and Property Services only.)
For anyone conducting a performance appraisal
- Supervisor's Performance Appraisal Checklist
- Who should get a performance appraisal.
- How to complete the performance appraisal form in Halogen
- How to add, edit and copy/paste goals on the performance appraisal form
- Using the Task Status tab to track where your employees are in process
- All Conducting Performance Appraisal trainings have been delivered for 2016. If you have a need for training, you may email Perform.Minneapolis@minneapolismn.gov.
- General tips
- Halogen features you can use during performance appraisal
- Copy last year's work expectations to this year's work expectations
Last updated Feb 3, 2016