Donations to the Minneapolis Fire Department
Monetary contributions can be made to the Minneapolis Fire Department by mailing your donation to:
Minneapolis Fire Department Donation
Attn: Finance Director
350 S. 5 th Street, Room 233
Minneapolis, MN 55415
All contributions made to City departments are subject to the City policy on gift donations as written below (8/3/2007 revision):
Gifts to the City
Acceptance of Gifts less than $15,000
- Any gifts with a value of $15,000 or less as long as there are no operating cost implications can be received by individual City departments with written notice to the Finance Officer or his/her designee.
- The Finance Department shall submit a quarterly gift report to the City Council’s Ways and Means Committee for approval. The department may not use the gift until it has been approved by a two-thirds vote of the City Council.
- The quarterly gift report shall contain the following information on each donation:
- Name of recipient department
- Name of entity making gift
- Description of gift (including value of gift, date received and special designations on gift, if any)
- Funding strings for revenue and expense appropriation increases
- For any gifts with a value exceeding $15,000, the recipient department shall submit a request for authorization to accept the gift to the City Council’s Ways & Means Committee directly.
Last updated Nov. 28, 2011