High School EMS Program
We are committed to making sure that our firefighters reflect the diversity of our community.
We want and your language, culture, life experience and academic skills to be of emergency medicine in Minneapolis.
What this program is
- This is for students with a high interest in science and helping others.
- A pathway to become an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) by the end of your senior year at Roosevelt or North High School.
- A chance to partner with the MPLS Fire Department and Hennepin Healthcare (formerly HCMC) to gain experience, earn college credits and explore the EMT career possibilities.
- You take an Emergency Medical Responder class during the Spring of your junior year.
- You are invited to join the Minneapolis Fire Department Explorers group and be mentored by Fire Fighters who will help you to work towards success in the EMT program.
Sign up today
- Talk to your school guidance counselor about how to enroll.
Last updated Apr 1, 2019