Filing a Claim
- Get a claim form. Click and print the claim form (pdf) or call (612) 673-2969.
Complete the form and return it to:
Risk Management - Claims Office
330 2nd Avenue South, Suite 550
Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Include all proof necessary to show fault on the part of the City of Minneapolis. The City may deny any claim where the City is not at fault.
- If you believe a towing company damaged your vehicle during the tow, return to the Impound Lot and complete a damage report.
- Investigators will acknowledge receipt of your claim within 14 days. You may request further information at that time.
- Claim investigators will research your claim and recommend payment or denial.
- If you do not hear from the Investigator within two weeks call (612) 673-2061.
- Claims are reviewed monthly by the Staff Claims Committee.
- If you disagree with the investigator’s recommendation, call (612) 673-2061 for appeal to the Claim Committee.
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011