Minneapolis Green Business/Housing Cost Share Program
The City of Minneapolis supports having a strong business community, including multi family housing, alongside a healthy environment. That is why the City of Minneapolis is investing in businesses, including multi family housing, that promote cleaner, healthier, and more efficient business practices in our city. The City is offering Green Business Cost Sharing awards for businesses and multi family residential buildings with four units or more that are willing to invest in cleaner, greener, or more efficient technologies. There are opportunities in energy efficiency, solar, automotive repair, or even manufacturing/industrial projects that produce win-win solutions. There are many solutions already in the marketplace that can reduce environmental impacts.
For more information on alternatives contact Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MNTAP) via their website http://www.mntap.umn.edu/ or call 612-624-4694.
Cost Sharing Award Areas
- NEW! Green Business Refrigeration - Ask your Xcel Energy Representative about additional matching City of Minneapolis Green Business Cost Share funds for your refrigeration project. Minneapolis is providing 20% of project cost rebates and 30% if your business is located in a green zone. The combined programs can save you as much as 50% of the cost of your refrigeration project!
- 4d Energy Efficiency Application: This is an exclusive offer for 4d program participants who have made a 10 year declaration for 4d tax status. Get 90% match on your energy efficiency project up to $50,000.
Application deadlines: September 1, October 1, 2018
- Green Business Energy Efficiency (up to $100,000) - The Green Business Energy Efficiency Cost Sharing Program offers funds for business practices that increase energy efficiency. Priority will be given to businesses in Green Zones of Minneapolis, buildings that are participating in the Minneapolis Energy Benchmarking program and Building Energy Challenge. Funding requests that exceed $5,000 must include a non-lighting component. Non-lighting component may include motion sensor and programmable aspects of lighting.
Application deadlines: March 1, April 1, May 1, 2018
- Green Housing Energy Efficiency (up to $30,000) - The Green Housing Energy Efficiency Cost Sharing Program offers funds for multifamily residential buildings with four units or more that increase energy efficiency. These cost shares are received and approved on an on-going basis and are first come, first served.
Application deadlines: March 1, April 1, May 1, June 1, July 1, August 1, September 1, 2018
- Green Business Solar projects (up to $75,000) - For qualifying buildings, City will give incentive of $0.25 per estimated annual kwh production for the 1st year of production, up to $75,000.
Application deadlines: March 1, April 1, May 1, 2018
Innovative Ways to Reduce Pollution (up to $100,000) - The City of Minneapolis values innovative green solutions by investing in businesses that reduce pollution in Minneapolis and as a result create a healthier place to live. The Green Business Cost Sharing Program offers funds for green business practices that focus on air quality improvement by reducing VOC emissions, particulate matter emissions, or other harmful Hazardous Air Pollutants. Any business which pays an annual Pollution Control Annual Bill (PCAB) in Minneapolis is eligible to apply.Application deadlines: March 1, April 1, May 1, June 1, 2018
Vehicle Repair, Service and Maintenance (up to $25,000) - The City of Minneapolis values green vehicle repair and maintenance services investing in businesses that reduce pollution in Minneapolis and as a result creating a healthier place to live. The Green Business Cost Sharing Program offers grants to help fund auto-body shops to switch to water-based paints that reduce air pollution exposure for workers and the surrounding community.
Application deadlines: March 1, April 1, May 1, June 1, 2018
Solar : A Chance To Grow
Air Quality: Avestapolis Cleaners
Energy Efficiency: Prospect Foundry
Energy Efficiency: Gandhi Mahal
The Minneapolis Energy Efficiency and Solar Green Business Cost Share Programs funded nearly twice as many projects in 2017 as in 2016, saving businesses $385,000 in utility bills and avoiding 1614 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions annually. Lighting conversions to LEDs made up over 70% of funded projects, as they are the easiest projects to do with the quickest payback. Other major projects included boiler upgrades, solar photovoltaic panel installations, air compressor optimization, and rooftop HVAC equipment replacements. Read more about the program's energy and cost saving success along with stories from seven funding recipients.
2012-2016: 26 Minneapolis businesses took part in the Green Business Cost Sharing Program
The Green Business Cost Sharing Program is part of a state wide partnership known as CLEAN AIR MINNESOTA. This unique public-private collaboration enable government agencies to develop, fund, and implement voluntary projects that reduce air pollution.
Check out the map of Minneapolis and Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) green business locations.
Special thanks to Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA), Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) and Environmental Initiative (EI) for their continuous support to improve air quality in Minneapolis.
Do you have ideas to share?
We would like to hear from you! What do you think would be a good grant program to partner with businesses and reduce pollution?
Send your ideas to: [email protected]
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact 612-673-2301.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Aug 28, 2018