Call for Artists
Posted by ProjectTeam on Tue, 06/14/2016 - 3:13pm
City of Minneapolis Public Art
Call for Artists:
Civic Engagement in Minneapolis 2040
Community Planning and Economic Development
The City of Minneapolis invites public and community engaged artists to apply to integrate artistic strategies into the engagement process for Minneapolis 2040, the city’s 10-year comprehensive plan. The intent of the process is to engage with audiences that are traditionally underrepresented in civic life. Selected artists will work on one of three projects in 2016:
- Mobile Engagement Tool: Create a portable tool for engagement.
- Key Directions Social Practice Project: Design and implement an inclusive engagement strategy for two large events.
- Key Directions Happenings Project: Engage the public at two large events through a performance of scripted or unscripted material.
Optional Artist Informational Meeting for Local Artists: Thursday, June 23, 3:30 -4:30 p.m., Crown Roller Mill Innovation Center, 105 5th Avenue South, room 150, Minneapolis
Application deadline: Monday, July 11, midnight Central Standard Time
- Complete Call for Artists (pdf)
- Application Cover Page (doc)
- Application Image List (doc)
- Frequently asked Questions (pdf)
- Call for Artists Informational Meeting (pdf)
- June 24, 2016 Call for Artists Q&A (pdf)
For more information contact: Beth Elliott
Last updated Jun 24, 2016