Municipal Parking Ramps Request for Proposals
On July 20, 2007, the Minneapolis City Council approved the sale of the eight municipal parking ramps included in this RFP package to three private purchasers. A City staff report describes the sale recommendations and approved terms.
On October 30, 2007, the City closed on the sale of five of these ramps to Alatus Management, LLC with proceeds to the City totaling about $65 million. The revenue from the sales will allow Minneapolis to stabilize its Parking Fund and spur new "green" development at several sites. A City news release provides additional details about the sale.
On February 29, 2008, the City closed on the sale of the St. Anthony Ramp for $2.525 million to St. Anthony Ramp, LLC, which includes three owners of the St. Anthony Main complex along the Mississippi River. A City news release provides additional details regarding this sale. As part of the sale the new owners have committed to constructing a "green" development project that will wrap around the ramp.
- Centre Village Ramp
- Downtown East Ramp
- Federal Courthouse Ramp
- Gateway Ramp
- Loring Ramp
- Riverfront Ramp
- Seven Corners Ramp
- St. Anthony Ramp
- Ramp Financial Statements
- Outstanding Debt, Debt Service & Defeasance Cost (pdf)
- Parking Ramp Utilization (pdf)
- Parking Ramps – Transient Occupancy (pdf)
- Ramp Security System Configuration (pdf)
Special Note re: the Mill Quarter Ramp: Due to some contractual issues involving the Mill Quarter Ramp, this ramp was removed from the RFP process. All materials related to the Mill Quarter Ramp were taken off of this website.
Updates/Additions to RFP Website
- Federal Courthouse Ramp – added Acknowledgement and Ratification of Courthouse Ramp Lease, Memorandum of Lease (added 9-28-07)
- Updated Ramp Site Surveys for Centre Village, Seven Corners, Gateway, and St. Anthony (added 4-24-07)
- Downtown East Ramp – Letters (added 4-2-07)
- Jan & Feb. 2007 Income statements (added 4-2-07)
August, September, October, and December 2006 Income Statements for all ramps (added 1-23-07)
- November 2006 Income Statement for Loring Ramp (added 1-23-07)
- Use Agreement and Right of Entry – Downtown East LRT Site Public Plaza / Metrodome-Related Events [Final, executed version] (Updated 1-17-06)
- Nov. 2006 Operator Income Statements for all ramps except Loring (added 1-11-07)
- Outstanding Debt, Debt Service & Defeasance Cost (added 1-11-07)
- News Release posted (added 10-26-06)
Questions & Answers – Part 3 (updated response to Riverfront Ramp/MPCA question) (updated 10-16-06)
- Riverfront Ramp – RAP Implementation Approval Letter (added 10-16-06)
- Federal Courthouse - Tunnel Agreement (Grain Exchange Tunnel) (updated 10/10/06)
- Federal Courthouse - Steam Service Agreement (15059) (updated 10/10/06)
- Federal Courthouse - Skyway/Tunnel Agreement (3436) (updated 10/10/06)
- Questions & Answers – Part 3 (updated 10-10-06)
- Downtown East Ramp changes (added 10-6-06)
- Questions & Answers – Part 3 (added 10-5-06)
- Questions & Answers – Part 2 (added 9-27-06)
- Ramp Site Surveys (added 9-27-06)
- St. Anthony Ramp – Site Lease Agreement (updated 9-27-06)
- Loring Ramp – Exhibition Hall Lease Extension (added 9-27-06)
- Riverfront Ramp – Guthrie Ramp Declaration and Amendment (added 9-27-06)
- Seven Corners Ramp – Grandma’s Saloon Lease Termination (added 9-27-06)
- Federal Courthouse - Development Agreement with the General Services Administration (added 9-20-06)
- Questions & Answers – Part 1 (added 9-18-06)
- Ramp Rate History (except Riverfront) (added 9-18-06)
- Seven Corners Ramp - Parking Agreements (added 9-18-06)
- St. Anthony Ramp – Site Lease Agreement (added 9-18-06)
- Ramp Transient Occupancy Counts (added 9-15-06)
- Ramp Security System Configuration (added 9-15-06)
- Seven Corners Title Commitment (added 9-15-06)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Question and Answer (added 9-7-06)
- 2006 Monthly Income Statements (added 9-5-06)
- Riverfront Ramp -- Redevelopment Contract (added 9-1-06)
- Guthrie Parking Agreement (added 8-30-06)
- Mill Quarter Ramp taken out of the current RFP process. Ramp is no longer for sale. (8-24-06)
- Pre-Proposal Conference materials added (added 8-24-06)
- Revised Exhibit G to RFP: Form of Consent for Release of Response Data (added 8-24-06)
The City of Minneapolis considered proposals to purchase one or more of eight municipal parking ramps to continue as parking and/or as part of a development proposal. Proposals were evaluated according to the criteria described in the Request for Proposals, including whether the proposal will have a positive financial impact on the city and whether it fits with city land use, parking and development plans.
Proposals were due Thursday, October 19, 2006.
Each proposer was responsible for conducting thorough due diligence prior to submitting a proposal. Reference materials and supporting documents related to the ramps are posted in electronic PDF format on this website.
These reference materials include:
- General Profile (basic ramp information, current parking rates, etc.)
- Site Maps
- Floor Plans
- Financial Statements
- Maintenance Reports
- Environmental Reports
- Title Commitments
- Existing Contractual Obligations and Operating Agreements
An RFP Pre-Proposal Conference was held on August 21, 2006.
When: Monday, August 21, 2006, 1:15 pm
Where: Minneapolis Central Library, Pohlad Hall, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN, 55401
Pre-Proposal Conference Materials:
- Pre-Proposal Conference Presentation 8-21-06 (pdf)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Participants (pdf)
- Pre-Proposal Conference Question and Answer 8-21-06 (pdf)
Online questions and answers
Questions about the RFP were due by September 26, 2006. Questions were answered in writing and responses are posted on this website.
Contact: Emily Stern, Minneapolis CPED Department, 105 Fifth Ave. S., Mpls., MN 55401, email@example.com, (612) 673-5191.
Last updated May. 16, 2013