Minneapolis Homes: City-owned vacant lots for sale
Vacant lots owned by the City of Minneapolis are available for purchase for new home construction.
- Program Manual (PDF): explains the process for purchasing a vacant structure from the City
- Site Plan Review for helpful zoning information on new home construction.
- Minneapolis Garden Lease Program website: for vacant lots that can be leased as community gardens
Please note: our interactive lot list map and table will only work with the following browser versions:
Chrome on Windows, Mac, and Android 4.4 or later
Apple Safari on Mac and iOS 8.x or later
Internet Explorer 11 or newer
Mozilla Firefox 3.x or later on Windows and Mac
- Property Info: for information about the building, zoning, sales, inspections, tax, assessment, and license history connected to a property.
- Minneapolis Zoning Code: for information about the allowable uses within different zoning designations click on “Primary Zoning Districts”.
- Major public works improvement projects: lots located along streets with major improvements planned may have future assessments. Contact the Public Works department for more information.
- Topographic maps: the City of Minneapolis encourages development of accessible or visitable housing on sites with suitable topography.
- New Construction Process Guide and Checklist: an overview of the steps required to build a new 1-2 unit home in the City of Minneapolis.
For more information contact Matthew Ramadan, (612) 673-5262.
Last updated Jan 15, 2019