Great Streets Case Studies
- East Franklin Avenue: Read about how Franklin Avenue used ownership control to attract neighborhood-oriented businesses and eliminate problem businesses. Attention to design was also a key component of their strategy and part of an effective effort to reduce crime.
- East Lake Street: Read about how a powerful combination of catalytic real estate development and entrepreneurial support have activated East Lake Street.
- Central Avenue North: The Northeast Community Development Corporation applied the Main Street model of revitalization to Central Avenue: Organization, Promotion, Design, and Economic Restructuring.
- Nicollet Avenue South: Read about how community groups leveraged their resources to achieve the biggest bang for their buck. Thorough planning, strategic investment, and smart branding they helped revitalize Nicollet Avenue, transforming it in the process to Eat Street.
- Read all four case studies about corridor revitalization on East Franklin Avenue, East Lake Street, Central Avenue, and Nicollet Avenue South.
More about Great Streets.
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at MinneapolisMN.gov/CPED
Last updated Jan. 3, 2012