North Minneapolis Economic Development News
The City of Minneapolis Department of Community Planning and Economic Development’s (CPED) goal is a thriving Minneapolis with more people and more jobs for everyone. To achieve this goal, we work through four divisions within our Department- Long Range Planning, Housing, Economic Development, and Development Services to:
- Leverage public resources to attract private investment,
- Focus resources on market failure, and
- Work to eliminate the economic gaps that divide our neighborhoods and communities.
Whenever possible, CPED approaches its projects with a triple bottom line strategy meaning –
- Leveraging development in Minneapolis,
- To create jobs for residents of Minneapolis,
- While encouraging the development to be as green or sustainable/energy efficient as possible so it’s healthier and more cost efficient in the long run for our residents and business owners in Minneapolis.
Learn more about what’s happening in North Minneapolis:
- Hallman, Charles. “City of Mpls committed to Northside economic growth projects.” Spokesman Recorder Online. February 27, 2014.
Last updated Sep 2, 2016