Effective Dates of Council Actions
All Council actions become effective upon publication (unless otherwise specified in the body of the action).
- The Mayor approves, does not approve, or vetoes all committee reports, resolutions, and ordinances within five days (excluding Sunday).
- The items approved by the Mayor become effective upon publication.
- Vetoed items are considered at the next regular Council meeting.
- Early signature by the Mayor may be requested for Council actions requiring immediate action.
- Council actions are published in the Official newspaper of the City, Finance and Commerce, eight days after the Council meeting.
- Council actions signed early by the Mayor will be published early. For Council meetings held on Friday, the earliest publication is the following Tuesday. (Subject to date the Mayor signs the action, which is at the Mayors discretion)
Last updated Mar 3, 2014