Council Committee on Regulatory, Energy & Environment (REE)
Meets Mondays at 1:30 p.m., during the first week of each Council cycle in the Council Chamber, 317 City Hall.
Staffed by Council Committee Coordinator: Peggy Menshek (612) 673-2287, 304 City Hall.
- Develop and champion policies, programs and initiatives that promote a sustainable city.
- Oversee the sustainability indicators to insure that the indicators are integrated into the business plans of all city departments.
- Make appointments to various boards and commissions.
- Considers license applications for business, liquor, beer and wine, gambling, and rental dwellings.
- Makes recommendations about condemned buildings under Chapter 249 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances.
- Sets policy for the Department of Regulatory Services and Energy and Environment issues.
Committee Membership (Quorum 4)
- Elizabeth Glidden, Chair
- Cam Gordon, Vice Chair
- Lisa Goodman
- Don Samuels
- Gary Schiff
- Diane Hofstede
Last updated Jan. 10, 2013