CIPP Sewer Pipe Lining Program
The cured-in-place (CIPP) lining is a process to rehabilitate existing sewer pipes, due to age, cracks or leaks. This rehabilitation is done to avoid having to replace the pipes and has been used for over 30 years throughout the United States.
What are the benefits of CIPP?
- CIPP allows for pipes to be rehabilitated in place of traditional open trench replacement that requires excavation and disturbs the surrounding neighborhoods and businesses.
- CIPP is less expensive than replacing the pipe.
- CIPP has a 50 year design life.
- CIPP is completed in 1-3 days versus 6-9 months for traditional open trench pipe replacement construction.
Impact to residents
Projects are funded from sewer revenue which residents pay through their monthly sewer bills. The costs will not be assessed to your property.
Please limit your water use to a minimum when the crews are working on your block. Normal bathing and cooking for a family of five is fine, but maybe wait to wash clothes.
Pipe lining is a sanitary and storm sewer renovation. Pipe sections to be lined are in poor condition. Lining the pipe will add approximately 50 years of life to the pipe.
2019 Pipe Lining Locations
- 4th St S, Nicollet to Marquette Ave S
- 6th Ave S, Washington to 4th St N
- Portland Ave S, 17th to Grant St
- Portland Ave, 17th to Grant St
- E 14th St, Portland Ave S to Park Ave S
- Pierce St NE, 35th Ave to 36th Ave NE
- Polk St NE, 37th Ave NE to 36th Ave NE
- Buchanan St NE, 37th Ave to 36th Ave NE
- Ulysses St NE, Johnson St NE to 35th Ave NE
- Penn Ave N, 15th Ave N to 14th Ave N
- Penn Ave N, 16th Ave to 15th Ave N
- Morgan Ave N, 29th Ave N to 27th Ave N
- Vincent Ave S, W 60th to 59th St
- Xerxes Ave S, W 48th to W 47th St
- Upton Ave S, W 60th to W 59th St
- Drew Ave S, W 48th St to W 49th St
- W 61st St, Upton Ave to Thomas Ave S
- York Ave S, W 49th to W 48th St
- 43rd Ave S, E 56th St to E 55th St
- W 48th St, Beard Ave to Abbott Ave S
- 35th Ave S, E 52nd to E 53rd St
- 10th Ave S, E 36th to 37th St
- 19th Ave NE, Cleveland St to Arthur St NE
- 19th Ave NE, Quincy St to Monroe St NE
- Washburn Ave N, Plymouth to 12th Ave N
- W 62nd St, Aldrich Ave to Dupont Ave S
- Diamond Lake Rd, Grand to Pleasant Ave S
- E 44th St, 29th to 30th Ave S
- 29th Ave S, 44th to 45th St E
- 31st Ave S, 44th to 45th St E
- E 42nd St, 46th Ave S to Burton Ln
- 45th Ave S, 43rd to 44th St E
- Morrill Ln, Northrop Dr to Folwell Dr
- E 41st St, 19th to 20th Ave S
- 41st Ave S, Dorman Ave to 28th St E
- 41st Ave S, 28th to 29th St E
- 34th Ave S, 28th to 29th St E
- 32nd Ave S, 28th to 29th St E
- Excelsior Blvd, Market Plaza to W Lake St
- James Ave S, W Franklin to Lake of the Isles Pkwy
- Kenwood Pkwy, Emerson Ave to Parade Stadium
- W 26th St, Nicollet to Blaisdell Ave S
- 4th Ave S, 28th to 29th St E
2018 Pipe Lining Locations
CIPP Sewer Pipe Lining Map & Schedule, Phase I-III
2017 Pipe Lining Locations
CIPP Sewer Pipe Lining Map & Schedule, Phases, I, II, III, & IV
2016 Pipe Lining Locations
CIPP Sewer Pipe Lining Map & Schedule, Phases I, II, III & IV
November 4, 2016: All CIPP lining phases are complete.
September 16, 2016: Phase IV will start on Monday, September 26.
August 10, 2016: Phase two installs will be complete after Monday, August 15. Phase III will start on Tuesday, August 16.
June 21, 2016: All CIPP lining Phase I installs are complete. Phase II installs start as of today.
Kevin Danen, Project Engineer; [email protected] or 612-673-5627
Last updated Jun 13, 2019