Public Works Capital Improvement Projects
Public Works will be reconstructing, resurfacing, adding pedestrian and bike improvements, and more to the streets of Minneapolis this year. See more information about the projects being done in 2018 below.
2018 Project Highlights
- 10th Avenue Southeast Bridge Rehabilitation
- 37th Avenue Northeast Resurfacing
- 61st Street West Reconstruction
- Broadway Street Northeast Reconstruction
- Downtown to Crosstown I-94 Transit Access
- Emerson and Fremont Avenues North Pedestrian Improvements
- Hennepin - Uptown Reconstruction
- Marquette and 2nd Avenue South Concrete Repair
- Mid-City Industrial Area Reconstruction
- ...and more.
About CIP Projects
Construction projects planned by the City of Minneapolis Public Works Department include street paving and resurfacing, sidewalk, bridge, traffic control & street lighting, bike and pedestrian, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water infrastructure, and more. Most projects fall under the designation Capital Improvement Projects (CIP). CIP projects are a part of the City's capital plan, which is reviewed and approved by City Council each year for funding. Other projects planned and constructed by the City may not be considered capital projects, such as transportation studies.
Last updated Apr 3, 2018