Placing a Potential City Charter Amendment on the Ballot

In addition to the ability of citizens to petition for ballot questions, both the City Council and the Charter Commission may propose charter amendments to be placed on the ballot to go before the voters of Minneapolis.

Process for City Council to place a question on the ballot:

Process for Charter Commission to place a question on the ballot:


Last updated Jun 29, 2016



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32