Community Planning &
Economic Development

Construction Code Services
Public Service Center
250 S. 4th St., Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55415
311 or (612) 673-3000

Code Compliance Forms

Special forms are needed when you rehab, sell, or buy a boarded, Chapter 249,  condemned property.


Selling  or Rehabbing

A code compliance inspection is needed in lieu of a Truth-in-Sale of Housing inspection when the property is condemned.


If you are buying a condemned house that needs a code compliance inspection, or has code compliance orders, you need the following form:

This form must be signed at closing and filed with the City of Minneapolis.
Fill in this form online, and fax or mail it to the office. Be sure to print a copy for your self.
RESET the form when you are finished with it.
HINT-type in the phone number without any symbols as the form will automatically format it.

More Forms

General Appeal Form (pdf)

Forms for Licensed Tradespeople (Safety Check Forms)

HVAC Safety Check Form (pdf) Revised 6/16
Electrical Safety Check Form (pdf) Revised 5/11

Last updated Jan 23, 2017



Contact us

Email updates

Find a service

About this site

For employees

For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats, contact 311.
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000.
TTY users can call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.

Para asistencia 612-673-2700, Yog xav tau kev pab, hu 612-637-2800, Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500. 


311 call center

TTY relay service


facebook25x25 twitter25x25 youtube25x25 Minneapolis311icon logo tv 14 footer icon image linkedin_32x32