Information Businesses Need to Succeed
Workforce Recruitment and Training
Permits and Licenses
Business Assistance During Road Reconstruction
Networking and Events
- Search for available land, commercial or industrial properties in the metro via an online tool from the Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate or call Miles Mercer at (612) 673-5043.
- The City offers a wide array of financing programs, ranging from $1,000 to $10 million, for Minneapolis businesses as well as staff assistance in selecting the appropriate program.
- Besides City support, other loans and grants for businesses may be available.
- The City's Minneapolis Employment and Training Program provides a variety of tools for employers and can assist businesses with employment, training, and recruitment.
- The U.S. Commercial Service can provide, for a very nominal fee, a number of services including market research, information on tariff issues and international shipping, due diligence investigations on potential international trade partners, and facilitated introductions to possible international partners. Contact Ryan Kanne at (612) 348-1638 for more information.
- The Minnesota Trade Office organizes trade missions, hosts workshops and networking events and has staff with geographic and economic sector expertise.
- Façade Improvement Matching Grants aim to support healthy and attractive neighborhood business districts.
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development provides useful tips on starting a business in Minnesota.
- Several regional Chambers of Commerce have programs and a diverse member network to help your business succeed.
- Connect with neighborhood business associations (pdf) and other business owners to stay informed.
- The Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers is an association of community development organizations committed to expanding the wealth and resources of neighborhoods through housing and economic development initiatives.
- Call (612) 673-3000 for more information and assistance.
- The City and its partners provide a variety of assistance tools to support businesses during street reconstruction.
- The Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce is a good source of information on current and upcoming networking events.
City Staff Can Help!
The City’s Department of Community Planning & Economic Development has a variety of resources to help your business succeed. Call us for information on:
- Business Licensing: Call (612) 673-3000.
- General Business Questions and Site Selection: Miles Mercer at (612) 673-5043.
- Business Financing: Call (612) 673-5072.
- Employment and Training Assistance: Mark Brinda at (612) 673-6231.
We look forward to working with you!
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at MinneapolisMN.gov
Last updated Jan. 22, 2013