The city of Minneapolis has so much to offer. Whether you are looking to start, expand, green or relocate a business to Minneapolis, we can assist you.
The city is home to industry and businesses of all kinds, both large and small. Minneapolis and the surrounding metropolitan region consistently ranks among the best places to do business in the U.S. Three things set Minneapolis apart: 1) a robust and diverse economy, 2) a highly educated workforce, and 3) an outstanding quality of life. No wonder the metro makes the short list of site selectors, business owners, and entrepreneurs from around the globe.
No one knows Minneapolis the way we do! The Community Planning & Economic Development team can help you find answers to all of your questions about doing business in Minneapolis. We look forward to working with you!
Looking for resources to grow or expand your business? Check out the City of Minneapolis’s new Grow North program.
City Staff Can Help!
The City's Department of Community Planning & Economic Development has a variety of resources to help your business succeed. Call us for information on:
- Business Licensing: Call (612) 673-2080.
- Permits for construction, remodeling, and renovation projects and zoning questions: Call 311 or (612) 673-3000 or visit the service center downtown.
- Business financing programs: Call (612) 673-5072.
- Workforce and training assistance: Mark Brinda at (612) 673-6231.
- Site selection and general business questions: Miles Mercer at (612) 673-5043.
Online information from the City of Minneapolis at MinneapolisMN.gov.
Last updated Jul 8, 2013