Workplace Advisory Committee Vacancy
The Workplace Advisory Committee was created by Resolution 2016R-342 and is charged with building consensus through its collective expertise and experience to inform existing and future labor standards and policies and workplace initiatives, including:
- Discussing and engaging the broader community of workers and business owners with the purpose of providing the City of Minneapolis with advice and recommendations relating to workplace initiatives put forward by policy makers and staff;
- Providing recommendations for continued outreach and awareness building on existing and future workplace policy initiatives;
- Monitoring and evaluating program implementation of existing and future workplace policy initiatives; and
- Supporting successful implementation and providing recommendations for improvements on existing or future initiatives that could better serve business owners and workers alike.
- Preparing and implementing a two-year work plan that focuses on workplace issues.
Deadline: The application review process will begin Friday, July 26, 2019.
There is currently one (1) vacancy.
- Seat 7: Non-profit organization representative; Council appointment for an unexpired 2-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2018, and ending Dec. 31, 2019.
All committee members must:
- Have a comprehensive and practical experience with, or knowledge of, unique challenges facing employees and/or employers in the City of Minneapolis;
- Be able to engage and create collaborative dialogue between the business community, the worker community, and the City of Minneapolis;
- Be willing to contribute 2-6 hours per month on committee related duties and meetings;
- Be known to favor the principles of equal opportunity, non-discrimination and the objectives of the Minneapolis Civil Rights Ordinance;
- Be known for civility, objectivity and patience;
- Have an ability to communicate with people at all levels of education, as well as different genders, races, religions and ages.
- Minneapolis residency is required.
Workplace Advisory Committee meetings are held every second Monday of every month in Minneapolis City Hall Martin Luther King, Jr. Conference Room (rm. 241) from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm unless otherwise specified on the Committee Calendar.
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
You can apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
Applications are forwarded to Civil Rights staff. Applications are then reviewed by staff with input from the Mayor’s Office, Council President’s Office, and the Public Health, Environment, Civil Rights & Engagement (PECE) Committee for recommendation to the PECE Committee and the full City Council.
Committee meetings are held every second Monday of the month at the City Hall Martin Luther King, Jr. Conference Room at 4:00 pm unless otherwise specified on the Committee Calendar.
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact the Office of City Clerk at 612-673-2216 or [email protected]. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157. Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Jul 11, 2019