Transgender Equity Council Vacancies
On February 10, 2017 the City Council approved Resolution 2017R-061, establishing the Transgender Equity Council. The council serves as an advisory board to the City and the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board on matters of importance to the transgender, gender-nonconforming, and non-binary community. The council’s work includes studying issues, courses of action, policies, and programs as well as making recommendations.
· The regular meeting of the Transgender Equity Council is on the second Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Location varies.
· There is no compensation. Members will receive the cost of parking/transit, which is provided at no charge.
· Community members must be residents of Minneapolis.
There are currently two (2) vacancies.
· Seat 9: City of Minneapolis employee; Council appointee for a term beginning immediately, and ending December 31, 2019.
· Seat 12: City of Minneapolis employee; Mayoral appointee for a term beginning immediately, and ending December 31, 2019.
Deadline: Open until filled
Send completed forms to [email protected], or by fax: 612-673-3812, or:
City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1382
You can apply on your own behalf, nominate others for consideration, or inform the City Clerk's Office of someone to whom you'd like application materials to be sent.
Applications are forwarded from the City Clerk to the Transgender Equity Council (TEC), Mayor, and City Council President staff for their consideration. Applications are reviewed by the Public Health, Environment, Civil Rights, and Engagement Committee (PECE) for recommendation to the full City Council.
Board Contact: Jenny Chayabutr, 612-673-2509, [email protected]
City Clerk Contact: 612-673-2216, [email protected]
Should you require a reasonable accommodation in order to fully participate, or information in an alternative format, please contact the Office of City Clerk at 612-673-2216 or [email protected].
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.
Last updated Feb 23, 2018