Senior Citizen Advisory Committee
The Senior Citizen Advisory Committee (SCAC) advises the City Council, Mayor and City Departments of concerns relating to an aging population. The SCAC is a resource to the City Council, Mayor and City Departments and recommends solutions and actions pertaining to issues, concerns and opportunities pertaining to issues on aging. The SCAC will also advise and suggest to the City Council, Mayor and City Department’s best practices, services, programs and activities that promote a healthy and vibrant aging community in Minneapolis.
Deadline: Open until filled;
We are currently accepting applications for 13 ward representatives.
- Seat 1: Ward 1 applicant (for ward info: www.minneapolismn.gov/ward1/) The term for this seat starts immediately and expires December 31, 2015.
- Seat 9: Ward 9 Applicant (for ward info: www.minneapolismn.gov/ward9/) The term for this seat starts immediately and expires December 31, 2015.
- Seat 12: Ward 12 applicant (for ward info: www.minneapolismn.gov/ward12/) The term for this seat starts immediately and expires December 31, 2015.
Applications are available by clicking on the application links below;
or by contact the Office of the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-673-2216. Persons may apply on their own behalf, nominate others for consideration or inform the Office of the City Clerk of persons to whom they wish application materials be sent.
Applications must be submitted to the Office of the City Clerk.
- Email your application to email@example.com
- Mail or deliver your application to:
- City Clerk Appointments
Room 304, 350 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis MN 55415-1382
- City Clerk Appointments
- Fax your application to: 612-673-3812
Applications are forwarded from the City Clerk to the Committee, Mayor, and City Council President Staff for their consideration. Applications are reviewed by the Health, Environment & Community Engagement Committee for recommendation to the full Council.
- Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month, 1 to 2:30 p.m. in Room 331 City Hall.
- Participation in at least one standing committee is required.
- Attendance: any member who has more than three unexcused absences in any calendar year will be replaced.
- Members may not serve more than three consecutive terms.
- There is no compensation.
- The Commission meeting locations are accessible to persons who are disabled.
If you need this material in an alternative format please contact City Clerk's Office at (612) 673-2216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deaf and hard-of-hearing persons may use a relay service to call 311 agents at (612) 673-3000. TTY users may call (612) 673-2157 or (612) 673-2626.
Attention: If you have any questions regarding this material please call 311
Hmong - Ceeb toom. Yog koj xav tau kev pab txhais cov xov no rau koj dawb, hu (612) 673-2800;
Spanish - Atención. Si desea recibir asistencia gratuita para traducir esta información, llama (612) 673-2700;
Somali - Ogow. Haddii aad dooneyso in lagaa kaalmeeyo tarjamadda macluumaadkani oo lacag la’ aan wac (612) 673-3500
Last updated Mar 10, 2015