Questions & Answers
The City of Minneapolis conducts an open appointments process to increase public involvement in the city’s decision-making process by selecting members to fill vacancies on numerous boards, commissions and task forces.
- What is the purpose of citizen participation and open appointments?
- What boards and commissions does the city have?
- How do I find more information on boards and commissions?
- How does the city create new boards, and commissions?
- How do I know if there is a vacancy?
- How does the city recruit for boards and commissions?
- How do I apply for a board or commission?
- Instructions for completing the application form.
- How does the selection process work?
- If I’m selected, what happens before I begin serving on a board?
- How are meetings run?
- What are the laws governing ethics of board or commission members?
- How do I resign (or get removed from) a board or commission?
- How does the city discontinue a board or commission?
- How is my privacy protected if I serve on a board or commission?
- Is information available for persons with disabilities or with limited English?
Last updated Oct. 30, 2012