How does the city recruit for boards and commissions?
- The City Clerk posts the vacancy notice on the City’s website in conformance with the Spring (Feb/March) and Fall (Aug/Sept) Cycle. Interim appointments may be made on an as needed basis.
- News release developed and sent to local media (daily, community and business media);
- newsletter article and summary list to the neighborhood organizations (for distribution to their contacts/in news letters) and community organizations;
- Deliver updated information via GovDelivery Email list;
- ethnic/cultural community media outlets;
- appropriate news media and all interested parties of such vacancy, and any media designed to reach protected classes.
- The appointing authority and the board staff design additional recruiting strategies as needed.
Last updated Sep. 27, 2011