Oak Street Southeast & Delaware Street Southeast Bus Stop Improvement
A two way protected bikeway was installed on Oak St. SE in 2015. Currently, SouthWest Transit, Plymouth Metrolink, and University of Minnesota transit all serve a southbound farside bus stop along the bikeway at the corner of Oak St. SE and Delaware St. SE. The project seeks to improve the 2015 design of the bus stop.
- Develop a preferred layout that incorporates an ADA-compliant bus stop using best practices in pedestrian, protected bikeway, and transit operations design.
- Document best practice recommendations and lessons learned from peer cities, so they can be referenced when designing future bus stops integrated with protected bikeways.
- January 2017: Prepare concept alternatives and introduce project to stakeholders
- February 2017: Prepare 30% layout and cost estimates and share recommended design with stakeholders
- March 2017: Seek layout approval at Transportation and Public Works Committee
- Spring 2017: Detailed design
- Summer/Fall 2017: Construction
- Liz Heyman, Transportation Planner; 612-673-2460 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated Jan 30, 2017