Lyndale Avenue North Pedestrian Safety Improvements
Project Type: Pedestrian Safety Improvements
Project Year: 2018
Project Limits: Intersection of Lyndale Avenue North and 45th Avenue North
In 2018, the Minneapolis Public Works Department plans install a curb extension at the intersection of Lyndale Ave N and 45th Ave N in coordination with the 2018 street resurfacing project. The resurfacing project provides an opportunity to enhance the corridor with a designated bikeway and pedestrian enhancements to create a more comfortable biking and walking experience.
- Enhance pedestrian safety by building curb extensions and to shorten crossing distances.
- Improve accessibility for all members of the community by installing ADA compliant pedestrian ramps
- Make the intersection more “legible” for all users
- Improve sightlines for people crossing Lyndale Ave N to the North Mississippi Park Trail
- Curb extension will be installed on the Northwest corner of Lyndale and 45th Ave N.
- Curb realignment, redundant driveway closure, and relocated transit stop on 45th Ave N.
- ADA compliant ramps will be added the new curb extension and the southeast and south west corners of the intersection.
Erin Feehily, Associate Transportation Planner, 612-673-3614 or [email protected]
Last updated Apr 9, 2018