40th St W Bikeway Upgrade
Kings Hwy to Lyndale Ave S
In 2018, the Minneapolis Public Works Department plans to resurface 40th Street W between Kings Hwy and Lyndale Ave S. This resurfacing project provides an opportunity to upgrade the current bikeway to create a more comfortable bicycling experience.
- Enhance comfort and predictability for all users
- Promote traffic calming
- Support existing bicycle demand with improved infrastructure
The recommended design concepts would not require any parking modification.
40th St W between Kinds Hwy and Bryant Ave S
- The travel lanes will be narrowed to 10' each direction.
- Parking will be narrowed to 8' aligning with the current curb extension on the northside at Colfax Ave S
- A new 6' bike lane will be installed on the northside of 40th St W (westbound)
40th St W between Bryant Ave S and Lyndale Ave S
- Parking will be narrowed from 9' to 7', aligning with the current curb extension on the northside of Aldrich Ave S
- Pending approval, Advisory bike lanes will be installed leaving 14' of vehicle travel lane area.
Existing 40th St W east of Colfax Ave S, Looking Eastbound
Existing 40th St W west of Aldrich Ave S, looking westbound
Erin Feehily, [email protected], 612-673-3614
Last updated Sep 26, 2017