Lowry Avenue Bridge Grand Opening
Come celebrate the grand opening of the Lowry Avenue Bridge this Saturday, October 27 from 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. View the bridge up close and walk along the deck before the roadway reopens to traffic in the evening. We look forward to seeing you there!
Overview of festivities:
- 10:30 – 11 a.m. Patrick Henry and Edison high school marching bands
- 11 a.m. Short program (near Marshall St NE and Lowry Ave NE)
- 11:30 a.m. Ribbon cutting
- 11:45 a.m. Twin Cities River Rats water ski performance
- 12:15 p.m. Ceremonial parade across bridge (starts near the intersection of Second Street N and Lowry Avenue N)
- 1 p.m. Event concludes
Food and beverage will be available for purchase from local vendors. The bridge will open to traffic in the early evening. More information about the grand opening can be found on the Hennepin County website.
Last updated Oct. 26, 2012