Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee Minutes
Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 4 PM – 6 PM
Outside Minneapolis City Hall
Members Present: Dan Boody, Jennifer Bordon, Tony Drollinger, Wes Durham, Matthew Dyrdahl, Steve Elmer, Paul Frenz, Robin Garwood, Janice Gepner, Matthew Hendricks, Joshua Houdek, Liz Johnston, Chris Linde, Nick Mason, Dan Miller, Aaron Shaffer, Emily Smoak, Sarah Stewart, Emily Wade
Members Absent: Richard Anderson (excused), Mackenzie Turner Bargen, John Barobs, Jordan Kocak, Jaime Makepeace, Tyler Pederson (excused), Greg Sautter, Elissa Schufman, Anthony Taylor, Georgianna Yantos
Others Present: Simon, Blenski, Millicent Flowers, Chris Kartheiser, Alice Butts
1. The Minneapolis Bicycle Advisory Committee supports the 3rd Ave Bridge project as presented with the request to minimize the length of vertical transition between the bike paths and the road.
Summaries of Discussions
The meeting was called to order at 4:04 pm and was chaired by Nick Mason. The July Minutes were unanimously accepted.
1. 5E Subcommittee Report presented by Emily Smoak
• Resolution on Enforcement and the Vision Zero Draft
o Elissa took notes at the meeting.
o She has written a draft resolution which we will vote on next month.
• Transportation Action Plan Update: Sarah S suggested we commend the city for their good job on public engagement for the Plan.
• Bicycle Friendly Community Application
o Nick said it was our best application yet.
o Big question is whether we can move up from Gold.
o Nick thanked everyone who helped on the application.
2. Engineering Subcommittee Report presented by Chris Linde – ACTION
• Grand Avenue S Reconstruction
o Not on the Bike Master Plan
o Could improve the area from Lake St to 31st
• 3rd Avenue Bridge – ACTION
o There will be 13½ feet of non-motorized space for bikes & peds.
o The current bridge is scheduled to close in January 2021.
o Nick said 5E should discuss Bridge detours at a future meeting.
o Chris presented a motion to support the project with a suggestion.
o The motion passed unanimously.
3. August Field Trip presented by Matthew Dyrdahl
• Two new Transportation Planners were introduced: Amy and Christian.
• Matthew explained the route for the Field Trip.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:15 for the Field Trip.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Janice Gepner
Last updated Oct 7, 2019